[gmx-users] Adding Na ions to DPPG

Peyman Yamin Peyman.Yamin at cbi.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Oct 27 13:35:47 CET 2008

Dear GMX users,

I want to add sodium ions (Na+) to a phospholipid (DPPG) I have the structure
with the Na replaced with O. I get a .top with this from prodrg and try to
add the Na manually at the right place by removing the corresponding O. I use
GROMOS 96.1 forcefield. GMX version 3.3.1. I have a problem:

* In .top file, as far as I can understand, I should just replace OA with NA+
and set the mass and charge.
DPPG has a centre:  [ O-P(O)=O ] -
The Na+ should be around this with +1 charge.
should I put charge +1 ?

* which parameters should I place in the top as the Na+ is not bonding. I need
LJ and Coulomb params. I have C6 and C12 them from ffG43a1nb.itp. (NA+ OA)
but I'm not sure where should I put it in the top file. What should I insert
manually in top file at all?

Thanks in advance for the time,
I've been away for some time from GMX and might sound

Cheers,
Peyman

--
Peyman Yamin
Lehrstuhl fuer Thermische Verfahrenstechnik
Mailto: peyman.yamin at cbi.uni-erlangen.de