[gmx-users] HYP GROMOS

Abil Aliev armi510 at live.co.uk
Mon Oct 27 14:56:12 CET 2008

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

The topology file was propared using pdb2gmx. I changed one of the improper dihedral angles (CG-CD-CB-O) for HYP to (CG-CD-O-CB) and CG of HYP stopped inverting.

There seems to be much less of proper dihedrals in the topology file on using pdb2gmx for GROMOS force fields compared to OPLS-AA or AMBER. For example, for the OPLS-AA there are 3 dihedrals in the topology around the N-CA bond:

C(i-1) - N - Ca - Ha
C(i-1) - N - Ca - C
C(i-1) - N - Ca - Cb

Following the same logic, there should be two dihedrals in the GROMOS topology file, but there is only one (C(i-1) - N - Ca - C). Any special reason for this?

Abil