[gmx-users] Double vs. Charged Single bonded Oxygen in GROMOS96.1

Peyman Yamin Peyman.Yamin at cbi.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Oct 27 17:10:33 CET 2008

Hi again dears,

I should ask for another comment. I have a Phorphorus to which two Oxygen
atoms are bonded. One O is double bonded and the other has only a single bond
while being negatively charged. In the topology file I get from prodrg both
Os are denoted with OA (GROMOS96.1) atom type. both have the same charge
(-0.421) and mass (15.9994). I guess the charge is reasonable for the
double-bonded one, but not for the one with a single bond and a free
electron. How could I correct this?

Cheers,
Peyman

--
Peyman Yamin
Lehrstuhl fuer Thermische Verfahrenstechnik
Mailto: peyman.yamin at cbi.uni-erlangen.de