[gmx-users] [Fwd: Problem in running energy minimization in gromacs]

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Mon Oct 27 22:22:34 CET 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Problem in running energy minimization in gromacs
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 15:16:23 +0000
From: abhik mukhopadhyay <abhik at dq.fct.unl.pt>
To: spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se

Dear Dr. Spoel
Good day.

I am a beginner in Gromacs and having some problem in running energy
minimization. I am working with an enzyme that has a Zn bound to four
residues (3 cys and 1 his). I am trying to run a md simulation. But
after the minimization I always found the Zinc coming out of the enzyme.
I ran the minimization both with generating counter ions and without
generating. The result is same. Do I need to take any special care to
work with metalloenzyme ?

 > Yes. You need restraints.

Any suggestion from you will be highly useful for me.
Best regards
Abhik Mukhopadhyay