[gmx-users] override dispalying of options

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 14:23:14 CET 2008

And, you can even (like for anything that generates output), redirect
output to nowhere:

(csh) grompp >& /dev/null
(bash) grompp &> /dev/null

By the way, bringing it to the background (&) doesn't change the
binding to the terminal.

Oh, and Mark is absolutely right that it is better to save to a file.
Something like (csh):

grompp >& log
mdrun >>& log &

Cheers,