[gmx-users] Fwd: The question from the tutorial: protein non-protein in .mdp file

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 08:32:54 CET 2008

Hi Lin,

Better keep this discussion on the list now.

Sorry about the link. Got screwed up. It should only consist of the
first part: http://wiki.gromacs.org/index.php/Thermostats
Then, if you don't have protein in the first place, you can't rely on
standard groups. You'll have to work with an index file to make the
distinction. Also, I don't know how large your solute/system is. In
some cases it may be better to use a single group "System", which is a
standard group (available without supplying an index file).

In any case, DON'T couple each molecule separately.

Cheers,

Tsjerk