[gmx-users] 4fs timestep in gromacs 4.0

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 30 12:34:21 CET 2008

Hi,

Just use:
pdb2gmx -vsite h
and use LINCS with all bonds constrained
I would use lincs_order=6 with dt=4 fs, see the P-LINCS paper for details:
http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ct700200b

I would not use heavy hydrogen, since that affects the dynamics.
I always use 4 fs time steps for my ion-water systems and see no differences
with 2 fs simulations in extremely accurate rdf's.

I would use lincs_order=6