[gmx-users] The non-protein system => .mdp file ?

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Fri Oct 31 01:06:20 CET 2008

The main point is that you don't want to have a temperature coupling
group that does not contain many atoms. Ions are usually grouped with
water. Therefore, without any more information I would suggest the
following:

1) Assuming A_molecules are >> 100 atoms:
    - 2 groups: i) A_molecules, and ii) ion_Br_&_water

2) If A_molecules are smalle:
    - 1 group: i) System

Of course there are exceptions to this, but if you are doing a
straightforward simulation then this should be fine.

Chris.