[gmx-users] g_density?

minnale minnale_gnos at rediffmail.com
Fri Oct 31 18:50:15 CET 2008

Hi all,
     I have small doubt on g_density, The bilayer thickness can be estimated by calculating density profile here I have calculated density for different groups in lipid system by g_density command.

  The POPC density profile x-axis(z-nm) vs y-axis(density), it looks "M" shape what is it mean first high and second high peak exactly?

My idea is based on literature survey first peak tells one half of the bilayer density and other peaks tells remain half of the bilayer density.am I right?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in adavance