[gmx-users] g_density?

minnale minnale_gnos at rediffmail.com
Fri Oct 31 19:24:48 CET 2008

Thanks Justin for your response just glance below

>>  Hi all,
>>     I have small doubt on g_density, The bilayer thickness can be estimated by calculating density profile here I have calculated density for different groups in lipid system by g_density command.
>>
>>   The POPC density profile x-axis(z-nm) vs y-axis(density), it looks "M" shape what is it mean first high and second high peak exactly?
>
>Which axis are you analyzing?  "x-axis(z-nm)" makes no sense to me.  Is your bilayer in the x-y plane (the canonical view), or does it have some other orientation?

I am considering only z-axis but I am plotting these values on X-axis in gnuplot.

>Your output also depends on what you've analyzed.  Was it the bilayer as a whole?  Just acyl chains?  Headgroups?

I am calculating density of Head groups, choline, water and system  separately later all these including in a single graph.

what is "M" shape peak refers?

Could clear my doubt.

Thanks in advance.