[gmx-users] Re: g_velacc

rams rams rams.crux at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 20:04:14 CEST 2008

Hi Vitaly Chaban,

The calcualted value of velocity autocorrelation function is 5.8*10^ -8
(momentum auto correlation function is 0.99279 and the protein mass is
4121.209 gm/mol). The resulting velocity auto correlation function will be
in A^2/ps^2. If I devide this by a factor of 3, I will get the diffusion
constant as 1.9 * 10^ -8 A^2/ps^2 which is nothing but 1.9 * 10^ -4 m^2/s^2.
But the time factor in mean square displacement should be in m^2 sec^-1. Did
I missed any thing here ?

Ram.