[gmx-users] how to make h-bond existence map?

minnale minnale_gnos at rediffmail.com
Tue Sep 2 21:15:19 CEST 2008

Hi all,
   I am confusing while calculating hydrogen bonds of my protein.I issued this command g_hbond -f .xtc -s .tpr -num .xvg
I didnt mention .ndx because I wanted to know the H-bonds in whole protein system. I have selected mainchain+H two times, command went fine and it showed

Select a group: 7
Selected 7: 'MainChain+H'
Select a group: 7
Selected 7: 'MainChain+H'
Calculating hydrogen bonds in MainChain+H (881 atoms)
Found 170 donors and 355 acceptors
Reading frame       0 time    0.000
Will do grid-seach on 16x16x16 grid, rcut=0.35
Reading frame   37000 time 7400.000
Average number of hbonds per timeframe 81.692 out of 30175 possible
gcq#295: "It Just Tastes Better" (Burger King)

It generated .xvg file and it con@    title "Hydrogen Bonds"
@    xaxis  label "Time"
@    yaxis  label "Number"
@TYPE xy
@ view 0.15, 0.15, 0.75, 0.85
@ legend on
@ legend box on
@ legend loctype view
@ legend 0.78, 0.8
@ legend length 2
@ s0 legend "Hydrogen bonds"
@ s1 legend "Pairs within 0.35 nm"
         0          79         674
       0.2          87         687
       0.4          80         693
         .
         .
         .
          .
          .
        etc

1.Could you please tell me the way I have done was correct or not?
2. how can I make h-bond existence map?
3. For this is it require to write programming or script?