[gmx-users] Concentration of Urea in urea solvation box

Matt Wyczalkowski matt.wyczalkowski at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 21:21:23 CEST 2008

The following reference has a table with the number of water and urea
molecules for a given molarity, at a given temperature:

Stumpe and Grubmuller, J. Phys. Chem. B. 2007, 111, 6220-6228.

Roughly, a 4.5:1 ratio of water:urea molecules will give you 8M urea.
This varies somewhat with temperature because of box size differences.

Regards,

Matt
---
Matt Wyczalkowski
Doctoral Candidate, Biomedical Engineering
Pappu Lab: http://lima.wustl.edu
Washington University in St. Louis