[gmx-users] Concentration of Urea in urea solvation box

Anil Kumar chemanil at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 06:38:11 CEST 2008

As Peter has said you have to maintain the ratio of water molecule with
respect to urea to get the desired concentration.

So, in your case your system must have ratio of Water:Urea = 6.9375:1 (what
i understood from the logic of calculation) for 8m Urea concentration (Plz
note urea concentration is usually taken in molal not in molar..be careful!)

You can start with the default urea+h2o.gro file of gromacs which has
concentration of 6m...and do some editing according to your desired
concentration followed by density adjustment and equilibrate it for sometime
thats it.

with regards
--
(¨`•.•´¨) Always
`•.¸(¨`•.•´¨) Keep

ANIL KUMAR(Research Scholar),
Bio-Organic Lab No-336(2nd Floor),
Dept. of Chemistry,I.I.T.Bombay,Powai,
Mumbai-400076,
Ph. No.-022-25764780(Lab)
Mobile:-09819638547
Residence:-
Hostel#1,Room#297,IIT Bombay,Powai,
Mumbai-400076,Ph.No.:-022-25721017(Hostel)
"Time is money and duty is God.....To rise in life , you must respect both
!!!!!"

-