[gmx-users] Re: Installation gromacs

Luciano Costa ltcnikit at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 18:49:35 CEST 2008

Dear prasun kumar,

>error: Failed dependencies:
>   libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4) is needed by gromacs-3.3.2-1.i386
>   rtld(GNU_HASH) is needed by gromacs-3.3.2-1.i386

you have to install rpm dependencies packages available for RedHat 4. In
this case, RehHat wants that you solve dependencies on glibc arquives. If
you want to solve this problem you can execute this command:

rpm -q glibc
rpm -q gdb

(link for rpm search: pbone.net)

This command inform to you what is version installed on system. You can
erase it using this command:

rpm -e [rpm package]

You can erase all packages that are generating conflict on the system and
after you can carry out new installation of all rpm packages that are
necessary for gromacs installation.

Sorry I ask you. Why you use RedHat 4 version? For example, I would like to
talk for all users that Ubuntu and Debian comunities shared the last version
of gromacs and fftw packages and you install it with only one command:

apt-get install gromacs fftw

Good luck for you ...

Cheers,

Luciano