[gmx-users] 4.0_beta1: 1 particles communicated to PME node 9 are more than a cell length out of the domain decomposition cell of their charge group

andrea spitaleri spitaleri.andrea at hsr.it
Tue Sep 9 13:36:51 CEST 2008

Hi there,
my system is about 200,000 atoms. we have installed the latest version (4.0_beta1) on our cluster
but i get the follow error after few calculation ps :

1 particles communicated to PME node 9 are more than a cell length out of the domain decomposition
cell of their charge group

similar to what reported few months ago
(http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-revision/2008-July/000213.html).

Using the version 3.3.99_development_200800503 on Louhi (csc.fi) the run goes fine.

In our cluster with 4.0_beta1 i am using 36 cpus (with no -dd option) whereas on louhi 64 cpus
(using -dd 4 4 4 option).

I hope this help in gmx debugging

Regards,

andrea