[gmx-users] S2 order parameters

rams rams rams.crux at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 18:03:11 CEST 2008

Dear David,

I tried to calculate the S2 order parameters using g_rotacf. I removed the
rotational and translational degrees of freedom from my trajectory using:

trjconv -f -s -o -fit rot_trans

Then used this new trajectory to calculate the correlation functions using
g_rotacf:

g_rotacf -f -s -o -P 2 -d -n -noaver

The index file contains N-H bond vectors and the simulation I ran is for 50
ns.

The decay of the correlation function is smooth and after a while it is
pleatue (parallel to time axis). I averaged the second half of the
correlation function values for each vector. I think these corresponds to
the S2 order paramters. But a few of them turned out to be negative which
are not supposed to be I believe. Is there any reason for this or am I
making any mistake in the process.

Thanks in advance,
Ram.