[gmx-users] RF, was: Re: Gromacs 4.0 beta

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Thu Sep 11 22:52:08 CEST 2008

Hi David,

what is the main problem with RF? Why do you not recommend it? The
paper Walser,
Hünenberger, et.al.<http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/79503038/abstract>,
Gargolla Hünenberger
et.al.<http://www.proteinscience.org/cgi/content/abstract/12/10/2161>
  suggest that RF is OK for proteins and Nina and
Simonson<http://pubs.acs.org/cgi-bin/article.cgi/jpcbfk/2002/106/i14/html/jp013855m.html>say
it is OK for RNA.

I'm thinking about using it since my 2D FFT won't be included in 4.0 and
thus PME doesn't scale for large systems. The system is cellulose and
lignin.

Thanks
Roland