[gmx-users] doubt about the oplsaa topology

Serena Leone sleone at rics.bwh.harvard.edu
Fri Sep 12 23:41:48 CEST 2008

Hello all,

I am trying to build the topology for an oligosaccharide to be used,
together with a peptide, in a  simulation with oplsaa (apparently, from
the discussions in the last days, this should be the best choice...).
Now, I had a .top from prodrg that I previously modified and used, and
I was starting rewriting on it the new .top for the oplsaa. After
renaming all the atoms according to the ffoplsaa.atp, ( i will figure
out later how to include the missing non polar Hs), i wanted to check
that all the bonds in this molecule were described in the
ffoplsaabon.itp (i have sulfate groups) BUT, when I opened the
ffoplsaabon.itp, I noticed that the atom names don't correspond to the
types described in the .atp (opls_n), but more likely to the names in
any other gro force field. I'm confused... anybody can explain me this
contradiction?

thanks a lot...

great day to all...

serena
--

Serena Leone, Ph.D.
Brigham and Women's Hospital

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only
for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and
properly dispose of this information.