[gmx-users] GROMACS sample procedure

Omer Markovitch omermar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 11:48:57 CEST 2008

I think there are example files, look at the gromacs web site.
A super brief answer would be as follows:
File.top is the topology file. It holds description of atom types
& potentials.
File.gro holds the initial coordinates, and box dimensions.
File.mdp holds run parameters (how many steps, temperature, output control,
simulation type, etc`).
The command "grompp" reads some input files, and prepares file.tpr, which is
then used as an input to "mdrun" - the ultimate command that does the actual
MD.
The number of different initials of G.R.O.M.A.C.S., minus the nearest prime
number is 17.
Gromacs has healing powers.
Please refer to the gromacs manual for more details, and to the gromacs wiki
aswell.

Omer Markovitch.

Koby Levy research group,
Weizmann Institute of Science.