[gmx-users] RE: ligand parameterization for amber port in gmx

servaas michielssens servaas.michielssens at student.kuleuven.be
Sat Sep 20 08:36:25 CEST 2008

What do you mean by severe deformations? I would expect a lagere
difference in conformation for pyrophosphate bound to mg and free
pyrophosphate. You could do extra quantum calculations and compare them
to your force field calculations to check the quality of your force
field. If this is no good, you could consider using RESP charges. Did
you compare your parameters do published pyrophosphate parameters e.g.
http://www.pharmacy.manchester.ac.uk/bryce/amber

    hope this helps,

    servaas