[gmx-users] Performance problems with more than one node

Tiago Marques a28427 at ua.pt
Tue Sep 23 15:59:35 CEST 2008

Hi!

I've been using Gromacs on dual-socket quad-core Xeons with 8GiB of RAM,
connected with Gigabit Ethernet and I always seem to have problems scaling
to more than a node.

When I run a test on 16 cores, it does run but the result is often slower
than when running on only 8 cores on the same machine. The best result I've
managed is not being slower than 8 cores on 16.

What am I missing here, or are the tests inappropriate to run over more than
one machine?

Best regards,

                             Tiago Marques