[gmx-users] Re: Forming a micelles

Arun kumar arun.target at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 13:00:15 CEST 2008

Dear Lin,
             Actually I chose the concentration randomly and viewed the
pictures. I used united atom force field. Surfactant is Behenyl trimethyl
ammonium chloride and co surfactant is stearyl alcohol. I did carry out
simulations for 4 different concentrations. I did not carry out simulations
to find out what is CMC.

For the system size I mentioned...  I carried out simulations for 600 ps
from random configurations. And then I checked pictures and also checked
energies and other properties. And once again started from the final
configuration of the first simulation for next simulation (another 600 ps).
Similar way Third simulation.. In the last 600 ps I observed Micelle
formation and also energies and properties are constant over some 300 ps.

Only through visualization only I observed micelle formation.

With regards,
Arun

--
Arun Kumar