[gmx-users] Problems with Jacobi diagonalization

Dayle Smith daylemariesmith at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 23:02:25 CEST 2009

Hi Tsjerk,
Thank you for your quick and helpful response. I defined "xtc_grps  = TDR"
in my .mdp file (then I use grompp -f mdpme.mdp -c confout.gro -p topol.top
-o topol.tpr -np 8 -n index.ndx, index contains TDR and SOL) and run it with
-np 8.
I'm afraid that I don't understand what "shuffling" or "matching series"
refers to (a clue that I'm doing something wrong).  This g_covar error
message is probably another clue:

WARNING: number of atoms in tpx (29) and trajectory (29) do not match
Program g_covar, VERSION 3.3.3
Source code file: nrjac.c, line: 129
Fatal error:
Error: Too many iterations in routine JACOBI

So the # of atoms is the same, but some other key ingredient doesn't match.
Can you please enlighten me?!

Thanks a lot,
Dayle