[gmx-users] Problems with Jacobi diagonalization

Dayle Smith daylemariesmith at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 03:58:09 CEST 2009

Thanks, Mark-
I re-ran a short MD simulation with TDR as the only xtc group, and used
tpbconv to create a .tpr file with only TDR (tpxout.tpr) and ran g_covar
with an index.ndx that contains only TPR (just to be safe!),

g_covar -f traj.xtc -s tpxout.tpr -ref -n index.ndx

and I still get the Jacobi error:

Choose a group for the least squares fit
Group     0 (         TDR) has    29 elements
There is one group in the index

Choose a group for the covariance analysis
Group     0 (         TDR) has    29 elements
There is one group in the index
Calculating the average structure ...
Reading frame       0 time    0.000
Program g_covar, VERSION 3.3.3
Source code file: nrjac.c, line: 129

Fatal error:
Error: Too many iterations in routine JACOBI

~Dayle