[gmx-users] Water models for amber03

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 2 14:42:13 CEST 2009

Hi,

CHARMM will be included and fully supported in Gromacs 4.1.
AMBER on the other hand is provided as an external package.
This is mainly because is requires some residue renaming and other stuff
that pdb2gmx does currently does not support.
We want to support it, but we anyhow want to completely rewrite pdb2gmx,
so this might take some time.

Since AMBER is not included in the Gromacs package, the water itp files
have no AMBER specific stuff them.

Currently the proper way to use water models with AMBER in Gromacs is
to replace the include in the top file; e.g. for e.g. tip3p:
#include "tip3p.itp"
by
#include "ffamber_tip3p.itp"

Sorry for the inconvenience,