[gmx-users] A question regarding the xdr lib

LuLanyuan lulanyuan at msn.com
Mon Apr 6 22:49:47 CEST 2009

Hello,
I just compiled the xdr file lib that was recently released on the Gromacs website.
I'm just wondering what's the meaning of "char *fn" in the xdrfile_???.h as in:

/* This function returns the number of atoms in the xtc file in *natoms */
  extern int read_xtc_natoms(char *fn,int *natoms);

  /* Read one frame of an open xtc file */
  extern int read_xtc(XDRFILE *xd,int natoms,int *step,float *time,
                      matrix box,rvec *x,float *prec);

Is the "char *fn" the name of the xdr file?
Can anyone give me a clue? Thanks very much.
Lanyuan Lu