[gmx-users] problem in energy minimisation during inflategro process.

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Tue Apr 14 08:17:58 CEST 2009

nitu sharma wrote:
> Dear Justin
>

> but even after doing this when i I have tried to do second step of
> inflategro i.e energy minimisation step I got the error like this--
>
> Fatal error:
> number of coordinates in coordinate file (inflated_dmpc.pdb, 13253)
>              does not match topology (inflated_dmpc.top, 15395)
> So can you suggest me what possible modification make it successfully
> completed.
>
> please If you have any idea let me know.

This is a pretty explicit error message. The existence of the list
doesn't absolve you of the need to think about what you are doing and
what might have gone wrong :-) Here, you need to observe what is in the
coordinate file, compare that with what is in the .top file, and see
what is causing a 2000-atom discrepancy.