[gmx-users] Shift Electrostatic Summation

Shuangxing Dai shuangxingdai at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 03:35:07 CEST 2009

Thank you for your help. Yes, when I found the user define part for
electrostatics, I hope I can use this part since the analytic form of my
potential is known. However, since there is a self energy term exist and
then the whole energy cannot be decomposed to pair interactions because I
cannot specify how much to each pair since the number of neighbours is
unkown. That is why I am confused. So I still need an new electrostatic
summation similiar to shift, not just a new pair interaction.

And I cannot understand/find how the force for Shift electrostatic summation
is calculated in force.c since there is no formula for force found. Or I
find the wrong place? And if I want to modify the force formula for Shift,
where is it?
Thank you for your help.
Shuangxing Dai