[gmx-users] Re:Re: the vdw and electrostatic energy (Ran Friedman)

Dechang Li li.dc06 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 18:15:43 CEST 2009

>------------------------------
>
>Message: 3
>Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 14:11:51 +0200
>From: Ran Friedman <r.friedman at bioc.uzh.ch>
>Subject: Re: [gmx-users] the vdw and electrostatic energy
>To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users at gromacs.org>
>
>Hi,
>
>This problem has been discussed for decades in the literature. There are
>approaches such as PME and reaction field to deal with the long-range
>electrostatics.

	I did not mean that. I want to know that when we use g_energy in Gromacs to
read the energy from the file ener.edr, does the cutoff affect the values
of the energy? For example, when the cutoff is set to 1.2 nm and the PME method
is used, does the energy term "Coul-SR" read by g_energy contain the long range
part ?