[gmx-users] about salt bridge

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Apr 24 05:03:56 CEST 2009

xiongxuqiong wrote:

> To whom it may concern,
>
>       when I used g_saltbr to compute some salt bridges in my system, I
> couldn't understand the option "-t".  The tutorial tell me that it's
> trunc distance and the default is 1000. Then I want to find the
> definition of the salt bridge in Gromacs. However, I couldn't find it.
> Could you like to tell me the relative definition in Gromacs? And what
> is a proper value for the option t?

 From g_saltbr -h:

"A minimum distance can be given, (eg. the cut-off), then groups that are never
closer than that distance will not be plotted."

Basically, if a salt bridge occurs within the truncation distance specified by
-t, it will be plotted.  Using the default (1000 nm!) will capture all possible
salt bridges in the system.

-Justin

> Look forward to your early reply,
>
> Regards,