[gmx-users] grompp error

Dallas B. Warren Dallas.Warren at pharm.monash.edu.au
Fri Apr 24 06:48:18 CEST 2009

Both of those errors are telling you want you need to do.  In your
topol_A.itp file, there are no parameters for a particular proper
dihedral.  So, define one.  Same with the next message.  And it even
tells you which line the issue is on in the .itp file, so very easy to
track down which bonds are the issue and so on.

I would recommend you read the errors, then check them against what is
the wiki, then search the emailing list.  Rarely does an error come up
that has not been discussed and solved before.  Many of the errors you
are encounting are nothing out of the ordinary.

And the non-zero charge, well being non-zero is not a real issue.  What
is the real issue is that it is a non-integer.  If it was an integer,
then that simply means you need counter ions.  But being non-integer
means you have a problem with the charges on that atoms in your
topology.

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Department of Pharmaceutical Biology and Pharmacology
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3010
dallas.warren at pharm.monash.edu.au
+61 3 9903 9167
When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble
a nail.