[gmx-users] Resizing membrane (dopc, berger)

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Mon Apr 27 17:58:28 CEST 2009

The simplest way to get around what you describe is to continue with
your procedure and then equilibrate your membrane. Use semiisotropic
pressure coupling and you will have what you want after 20-50 ns. You
could alternatively build and equilibrate your own membrane, but this
will require approximately the same amount of simulation time.

I wouldn't be surprised if you can fix this problem as a side-effect
of the inflategro script. You could also use the make-hole version of
gromacs 3.1.4 to keep your waters from entering the membrane during
equilibration. However, you should be easily able to equilibrate your
membrane within one week of wall time so the brute-force method may be
faster for you than learning some new tools.

Chris.