[gmx-users] Full implementation of CHARMM and AMBER in GROMACS?

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Wed Apr 29 02:15:12 CEST 2009

Hi,

in the 4.0.4 version CHARMM is supported with most CHARMM specific energy
terms (U-B, dihedrals,...). You can find more about it  at
http://www.dbb.su.se/User:Bjelkmar/Ffcharmm.
The only missing thing in 4.0.4 is CMAP which is added to the latest
development/CVS version. As far as I know Amber is also fully supported. But
I have never used it.

Roland

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 3:38 PM, DimitryASuplatov <genesup at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was jut curious,
> are there any plans to fully implement any other FF in gromacs.
> Particulary Im interested in CHARMM and AMBER. By full implementation
> of CHARMM I mean not simply taking the numbers from the CHARMM text
> file but calculating CHARMM-specific issues, like Urey-Bradley
> interactions, 1-4 LJ etc. And what is your opinion about CHARMM - is
> it any good vs OPLS (considering proteins)?
>
> Thanks a lot.
> SDA

865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309