[gmx-users] Re: Questions

Chih-Ying Lin chihying2008 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 05:56:59 CEST 2009

Hi Tsjerk:
I still have questions here.

1. Although you have explained the differece between HOH, AHOH and
BHOH, I do not fully understand.     => Can I delete all of atoms,
HOH, AHOH and BHOH ?

2. So, in your tutorial, you use "united atom" algorithm, right?
and, "pdb2gmx" can recognize the "united atoms" and give them the
proper force fields, right?

3. If one want to use the "all-atom algorithm", use the command
"protonate + protein pdb file"  first to add all missing hydrogens,
then, use "pdb2gmx" to get an all-atom force field parameters, right?

4. In your last email => where did you get the following information?
=> I re-check the original 1LW9.pdb => I did not get the information by myself.

"The answer to this question is in the format specification of the PDB
file. The A and B are alternative identifiers and indicate that the
electron density can be explained by a water molecule that is
partially present at two sites. If you look at the occupancy field
you'll notice that the corresponding values are less than 1. In fact,
if you sum the occupancies for equivalent atoms in for A and B, they
will add up to 1."

Thank you very much,
Lin