[gmx-users] How to treat an isolated iron (Fe 2+)

Zhong Zheng zhozheng at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 08:31:05 CET 2009

hi all

I have an isolated iron in the protein. If I don't' put that iron in,
everything runs through fine. However, if I put the iron in, the mdrun
step (doing energy minimization) will clash. It says segmentation
fault and lots of LINCS WARNING. The iron has a +2 charge with four
His ligands and one Glu ligand. The total charge for the complex
should be +1. Is there a good way to treat this isolated iron?

  Thanks a lot.

Zhong Zheng