[gmx-users] g_mindist -pi gives segfault in 3.3.3 and 4.0.2 but not 3.3.1

Chris Neale chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Sat Jan 17 16:11:34 CET 2009

Hello,

For my systems, I have been unable to get g_mindist -pi to function
unless I roll back to gmx 3.3.1. Would somebody please test their 4.0.2
(and perhaps 3.3.3) installations to see if the error is repeatable or
perhaps is somehow related to my installation?

Related output from 3.3.3 when g_mindist -f file.gro -n file.ndx -pi

Selected 3: 'a_1'
Reading frames from gro file 'test', 140634 atoms.
Reading frame       0 time    0.000
Back Off! I just backed up mindist.xvg to ./#mindist.xvg.9#
Segmentation fault

Note that non -pi g_mindist still works fine for me in all versions.

Thanks,
CHris.