[gmx-users] g_mindist -pi gives segfault in 3.3.3 and 4.0.2 but not 3.3.1

Florian Dommert dommert at fias.uni-frankfurt.de
Sat Jan 17 17:28:02 CET 2009

* Chris Neale <chris.neale at utoronto.ca> [2009-01-17 10:11:34 -0500]:

> Hello,
>
> For my systems, I have been unable to get g_mindist -pi to function unless I
> roll back to gmx 3.3.1. Would somebody please test their 4.0.2 (and perhaps
> 3.3.3) installations to see if the error is repeatable or perhaps is somehow
> related to my installation?

Hi,

  I tested it with my version and it gives the same error. As gromacs
  version I have the cvs branch gmx-4-0-patches head 1.4 used for
  testing.

> Related output from 3.3.3 when g_mindist -f file.gro -n file.ndx -pi
>
> Selected 3: 'a_1'
> Reading frames from gro file 'test', 140634 atoms.
> Reading frame       0 time    0.000  Back Off! I just backed up mindist.xvg
> to ./#mindist.xvg.9#
> Segmentation fault
>
> Note that non -pi g_mindist still works fine for me in all versions.
>
> Thanks,
> CHris.

Florian Dommert
Dipl.-Phys.

Computational and Theoretical Softmatter & Biophysics group

Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies
Johann-Wolfgang-Goethe University

Ruth-Moufang-Str. 1
60438 Frankfurt am Main

Phone: +49(0)69 / 798 - 47529