[gmx-users] wrong format in input file ffamber03.hdb on line

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Jan 18 13:05:36 CET 2009

drugdesign wrote:
> Dear Gromacs users,
> I am getting and eeror while loading Amber03 force field by pdb2gmx command:

> Program pdb2gmx, VERSION 4.0.2
> Source code file: h_db.c, line: 87
>
> Fatal error:
> wrong format in input file ffamber03.hdb on line
> 	2	7	OW

Because it is improperly formatted.  See the manual for proper formatting.
Where did you get that .hdb file?  The ones disributed with the ffamber ports
have always worked for me:

http://chemistry.csulb.edu/ffamber/

> Where can I get spc.itp and spc216.gro

There are in the share/top subdirectory of your Gromacs installation.

> In tutorial it is reffered to mdcourse directory, bu I do not have such a directory.

Probably because you were supposed to download some files from wherever you've
found the tutorial.

> I also wonder where I can get TIP3P.gro and .itp files and also the same TIP4P files.

Since both SPC and TIP3P are 3-point water models, you can use spc216.gro and
apply the tip3p.itp parameters (tip3p.itp is also in share/top).  Then equilibrate.

TIP4P files (.gro and .itp) are also in share/top.

Justin A. Lemkul
Graduate Research Assistant
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080