[gmx-users] mdrun output conformation file loses chain identifier

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 19 11:28:19 CET 2009

Hi,

Are the two chains in a single molecule definition or in two molecule definitions?

There are no chain identifiers written in the tpr file.
But mdrun of Gromacs 4.0 will automatically generate chain identifiers for each molecule.
In Gromacs 3 no chain identifiers will be written.

You can always run trjconv with for -s a pdb file with chain identifiers
and they will be copied to the pdb output.

Berk