[gmx-users] why the trajectory file is not output

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Fri Jan 23 23:10:30 CET 2009

Hello Yang,

It was asked twice if you ran serial or parallel and I did not see an
answer to that question.

we have seen segmentation faults with 3.3.1 and openmpi when running
complex systems in parallel for systems that ran fine in serial. It
was certainly a head-scratcher as it did seem to depend on having many
different types of molecules in the same box. The solution for us at
that time was to use lam-mpi, but only for systems that crashed using
openmpi since lam-mpi is slower. I also note that this problem has
disapeared in gmx-4 for us.

Chris.