[gmx-users] Melittin in methanol...

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Jan 31 13:35:42 CET 2009

sharada wrote:
> Hello Justin,
>
> Thanks for the reply . I apologise for the repeat mail. The parameters
> are for ffG43a3 forcefield. Yes I am using the default electrotatics
> cutoff values as an initial run. I would change to PME method as you
> say. However I was wondering If r_epsilon value equals to 66 contributes
> to a change in the simulation or this value holds good only if reaction
> field is on ?

I have never heard of 43a3, do you mean 43a1, or perhaps 45a3?  Better be sure
about what you're using so you get the .mdp options right.  Use PME, and make
sure your values of rlist, rcoulomb, and rvdw are for use with that particular
parameter set (rvdw = 0.8 is particularly troubling, especially in the absence
of any dispersion correction).

With cut-off, the epsilon_r parameter is probably meaningless.

-Justin