[gmx-users] GMX Installation

Jussi Lehtola jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi
Wed Jul 1 12:47:37 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 01:01 -0700, mahmoud wrote:
> Dear GMX Users,
>
> I want to Install Gromacs on Fedora 10 x86_64. I downloaded the rpm
> files of FFTW and Gromacs, however, I can not install the gromacs yet.
>
> Please guide me if you have information on this case.

You can just install the Fedora version by

# yum -y install gromacs

If you need MPI support, do

# yum -y install gromacs-mpi

If you don't want gromacs to be updated [automatically], just put the
line
 exclude=gromacs
into /etc/yum.conf

If you want to compile gromacs yourself, just
# yum -y install fftw-devel openmpi-devel gsl-devel lapack-devel
and proceed with the Gromacs compilation.
Jussi Lehtola, FM, Tohtorikoulutettava
Fysiikan laitos, Helsingin Yliopisto
jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi, p. 191 50632
Mr. Jussi Lehtola, M. Sc., Doctoral Student
Department of Physics, University of Helsinki, Finland
jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi