[gmx-users] waters in ion channels

Nicolas SAPAY nicolas.sapay at cermav.cnrs.fr
Fri Jul 3 12:54:55 CEST 2009

Hello,

If you simply need to remove water molecules, you can simply use VMD,
Pymol or whatever allows you to select and save atom coordinates in a
format readable by gromacs. In VMD, I would do something like:
     set sel [atomselect top "not (same resid as (water within 5 of
resname DPPC)"]

or
     set sel [atomselect top "not (water and same resid as (z>20 and z>80))"]

then
     animate write pdb myfile.pdb sel $sel

That will select and save  in a pdb file all but the water molecules too
close to the lipids.

Nicolas