[gmx-users] Water clustering

H T takayama at ceres.ocn.ne.jp
Fri Jul 10 16:32:51 CEST 2009

Hi, I am trying to calculate micelle formation with SDS molecules for
all-atom simulation.
49 SDS monomers (will increase it later) were settled in 15nm x 15nm x 15nm
box.
And I put water molecules from spc216.gro to the box.
Considering water density is 1g/ml, around 112800 molecules are required but
only 3400 water molecules was settled (around 3%) with genbox command at
maximum. With this configuration, the SDS molecules assemble but also water
cluster appeared. After 100ps MD, there is a room occupied with no atoms
(vacuum, phase separation) and it is a bit funny. (1) Increasing the number
of water to a realistic value or (2) tuning the parameter to avoid spc water
aggregation might be good, but I don't know how to do that. Please give me a
rope for it. Thanks,

taka