[gmx-users] Best way to handle linear rigid molecules.

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 13 14:47:33 CEST 2009

Hi,

This question has been asked several times before on this list.
The proper way to handle this in Gromacs is to introduce two dummy mass particles
in such a way the total mass and the moment of inertia is identical to CO2.
Then you can construct the positions of the three mass-less C and O atoms from
the positions of the masses using virtual sites (see the manual).

Berk