[gmx-users] Segmentation Fault (Address not mapped)

darrellk at ece.ubc.ca darrellk at ece.ubc.ca
Mon Jul 13 21:26:26 CEST 2009

Hi Mark,
I used editconf on my .gro file with zero space between my solvent and
the box and the resulting box had the exact same dimension as the
initial box. I also performed a number of simulation runs with different
mdp parameters hoping this would provide me some indication of the cause
of the fault but to no avail. I looked through the log files, error
files, and output files and could not find any output to help me
identify the source of my error.

Could you please let me know how I can look at my structure at each point
as you indicate below as I do not see any files output that provide me
to do so? I tried to look at the .trr file but when I try to load it
into VMD, it causes an error. I am assuming this error is caused because
the .trr file did not complete correctly due to the segmentation fault.
Please advise.

Thanks.

Darrell