[gmx-users] Segmentation Fault (Address not mapped)

darrellk at ece.ubc.ca darrellk at ece.ubc.ca
Thu Jul 16 21:36:34 CEST 2009

Hi Justin,
Thanks for the explanation of the difference between EM & equilibration.
Since in my model, I: (i) only have the graphene sheet and ammonia
molecules spaced reasonably far apart from each other (1332 NH3
molecules in a 38x38x38 box) and from the graphene sheet (distance
between the closest ammonia molecule and the graphene sheet is greater
than the molecular diameter of ammonia - maybe this is too close and
could be causing my problem?); (ii) freeze the graphene sheet; I am
thinking equilibration is not required in my model. Please let me know
if you think I still need to perform equilibration.

Yes, the EM did converge satisfactorily. Here is the output from EM:
Steepest Descents converged to Fmax < 250 in 61 steps
Potential Energy  =  4.6094102e+04
Maximum force     =  2.4543298e+02 on atom 1
Norm of force     =  7.5803179e+03

Is this a reasonable value for FMax?

Thanks again for your help.

Darrell