回复: [gmx-users] Re: Some questions on Tabulated Dihedral Potential

Ran Friedman r.friedman at bioc.uzh.ch
Tue Jul 21 15:29:07 CEST 2009

Hi,

The numerical derivative for the Nth value y[N] is calculated as:
der = y[N+1] - y[N-1] * 0.5 * deltaX
where y is the potential deltaX is the difference between two successive
values in your input (e.g., 1 if you have a table that goes from -180 to
180 with 361 values).

I don't think you can print the number without changing the code, but
it's not difficult to calculate. You can plot your forces and -der and
see where they deviate.

Ran.