[gmx-users] Wrong pressure with "mdrun -rerun" option

Lanyuan Lu lulanyuan at msn.com
Fri Jul 24 05:23:27 CEST 2009

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did save velocities in the same frequency as
positions. And the length of two compared trajectories are exactly the same.
I think I've figured it out and I did looked at the average values as the
output of the g_energy. It seems the number 545.384 from the original MD edr
file is incorrect. I opened the xvg file in xmgrace and found the average
pressure should be 1153.22, which is close to the rerun result. I used the
command "g_energy -f *.edr -o *.xvg" to dump the pressure from two edr files
and found both of the two xvg files have time from 0 ps to 200 ps with 201
frames. I also found for each time step the pressure values are close for
the two files. Therefore, I don't understand why I got the incorrect average
pressure from the original edr output, while the rerun output was correct.
Another test I did was to type "g_energy -f *.edr -o *.xvg -b 100" to get
the last 100 ps results. And this time the average number from the original
edr file is still incorrect. However, just as in the whole 200 ps case, I
can get the right number if I manually calculate the average from the xvg
file.
Lanyuan